Wednesday, June 11, 2008

DOCTOR, WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?

by Stan C. Countz

Doctor, what's wrong with me?
Are my eyes too blind to see?
Why can my ears no longer hear
The cries of the lost and dying?

Has my heart grown cold?
Have my eyes grown old?
Have I sold my soul
For a pot of gold?

Doctor my ears have heard the lies
And the hollow alibis
Of the mindless masses
Oh, please heal me if you can

Doctor my eyes have seen the truth
Through the skewed views we call news
Through rose-colored glasses
My head is buried in the sand

Doctor my heart has come apart
And I need a brand new start
Before my life passes
So take me by the hand

Doctor my eyes can’t stop their crying
For a lost and dying world
Can we save it before it crashes?
Try to save our dying land

My ears can’t keep from hearing
And my fears keep reappearing
I keep taking these classes
But I still can’t understand

Doctor my heart needs to start caring
And stop comparing myself to others
To stop airing my dirty laundry
And start caring for my brothers

My mind is reeling so out of control
I need more than just a gut feeling
More than a quick fix or opinion poll
I need healing for my mortal soul

No comments: