Wednesday, June 11, 2008

THE WAY IT USED TO BE

by Stan C. Countz

You used to be a warm place to come home to
You used to want me as much as I wanted you
You used to be someone I could talk to
Whatever happened to the way it used to be?

It used to be the sun rose and set in your eyes
It used to be we never told each other lies
It used to be we didn’t need no alibis
What happened to the way it used to be?

When I loved you and you loved me
It seems, these days, we've lost our dreams
But I can't throw it away so easily
Can we get back to the way it used to be?

You used to welcome me with open arms
You used to shower me with all your charms
Now we’re roomies so please do me no harm
Whatever happened to the way it used to be?

Maybe one day we can learn to respect each other again
One day we can accept that we are little more than friends
Maybe one day we can return to the way it used to be….
Way back when

When I loved you
And you loved me...
Can we get back
To the way it used to be?

No comments: